Monday, June 19, 2017

A Trip to Branson: the Outings

The most exciting outing...in my opinion...was parasailing for Alan and I.  This is something I've wanted to do for a long time!  Adventurous enough to be fun, but not too terrifying!  ;)
The boys weren't allowed to be on the boat with us, so many thanks to my family for taking care of them while we were out.  
Here we are on the boat before taking off.




 Going up!
 The captain dipped us down into the water a couple times (he had asked).
And then we went back up!  We were pretty high up...about 250 ft.

 It was a cloudy, lovely day and it's really very relaxing as long as you don't look down.  You just kind of sit there...but it was plenty adventurous for me.  ;)
 Wahoo!

Our boys loved going to Branson Tracks the most.  Go-karts were a super big hit! 


 After the big course, we had a family Mariokart  race on the junior track.  I held the accelerator down the entire time, but everyone lapped me and I came in last.  Oh well!


 The junior carts were kind of tiny.  :)


Then we did bumper boats.  I haven't laughed so hard in a long time!  The pictures from here are on someone else's camera, so I'll have to get those later.  Here's our after shot:
We loved this outing so much we did it again two days later.  More go-carts, more bumper boats.
Every once in a while I'd look over and realize we'd given Jared charge of a go-cart or a boat and feel completely crazy.  He handled it like a champ, though, and loved being able to do everything!


We got SOAKED!


After the second round of go-carts, we got some Coldstone.  Yum!  :)

Jared ate his whole scoop and then asked for more.  In true vacation mode, we decided to go for it, so I took him up to order another.  The cute girl working told us that she gets a free scoop each shift she works and she'd give her free one to Jared this time.  What a sweetheart!  I couldn't believe it, but Jared even finished the second one!
Another of our outings was to the Dinosaur Museum.  It was less than thrilling, but still fun.  To our dino-loving boy, it was fantastic!

Also, we had the whole thing to ourselves!  :)
The lighting wasn't great, but this one cracks me up!  :)
 Since my mom was with us, we even got a family picture!  :)  Doesn't Jared look thrilled that I made him stop going from dinosaur to dinosaur checking out everything to take a picture with me?  ;)

The other fantastic thing we did was go to the zoo.  This particular zoo is very different.  It's kind of like a feeding/petting zoo...very interactive.
We first went into the aviary and fed the birds.



Then we took the feed cups out to see the animals.






 The llamas haircuts!!
The goats were enthusiastic.







We watched the animal show and they let everyone come up and pet each animal!  This trip really showed us how much older our boys are getting.  We let them drive, and they went up to pet the animals without us.  Sheesh...practically adults.  ;)
 I didn't even go up to take a closer picture!
 But I did zoom a little.  :)

Elaine and Melanie and Ryan paid extra to go into the enclosure...Elaine with a sloth and Melanie and Ryan with a jungle kitten. 

  I don't have any of their pictures from inside...the ones from outside have a terrible glare.
All in all, lots of fun!

No comments: