Sunday, June 3, 2018

A Stop in Provo

Oh, Provo, how I've missed you!  Since I lived there for 8 years, it remains tied with Sulphur as the place I've lived longest.  It still holds a piece of my heart.  We rented our own vehicle (How grownup are we?!  Like I said, it's been a long time since we had flown anywhere...long enough that last time we still had someone else pick us up!), so we had the luxury of stopping off in Provo.  We were ready for lunch, so our first stop was Cafe Rio!


 Jared couldn't find anything appetizing at this delicious place, so to help him stay entertained, we let him take the pictures.  ;)


 Going on down University Parkway, we made a stop to BYU's Creamery on Ninth.  The boys were appropriately amazed and I was in nostalgia heaven!

  It's a good thing that we had split a salad at Cafe Rio, but even so, the Creamery is so generous with their scoops that we couldn't finish.
 Haha!  I had to take a picture of the fry sauce pump!  :)
 Next, we walked off some of our ice cream with a tour of campus.  We stopped by Alan's old office.  (It may not look like much, but he spent so many hours there and I came to pick him up sooooo many times that the door is beautiful to us!)
 The Bookstore is always a hit!




 Oh, how I love this place!
 Into the Library...again, so many hours of my life!
 I used to study in the Juvenile Literature section and it was fun to show the boys this mural and pick out the stories in it.
 We made it down to the place by Maeser Hall where Alan proposed.  :) 



 We had walked so much that Jared was getting a blister, so he hitched a ride for a bit.
 Before heading down the freeway, we stopped at the Provo Cemetery where our little Caleb is buried.
 


No comments: