We went to the Hogle Zoo with Grandma Debbie & Aunt Danielle.
They had Lego statues of animals...so huge and fun, but I can't even imagine the time it took to make them!
We got ice cream cones and Ethan was trying to shade his with his map so that it wouldn't melt so quickly. It was a very warm day.
I love sunglasses, but feel these particular ones make me look kind of dorky. Oh well!
More Lego animals...such cute monkeys!
Jared had a meltdown (thanks sleep deprivation) when I tried to help him manage his ice cream.
With Ellen, Gregg, and Grandma Newton we fulfilled one of Ethan's greatest desires and found some snow. Ethan was very enthusiastic. Jared wasn't so sure about it. :)
He was so excited to get to throw a snowball.
I had to rescue Jared from the center of the snow patch where he got stuck.
We had a "picnic" (cookies) and then went home to have real dinner. :)
We got to play some games together.
On Sunday the rest of the Newton clan came for FHE and the kids played Red Light, Green Light, and a few other games. :)
Here is some cuddle time during the lesson. Ellen and Gregg have the best view!
Aunt Elaine got to hang out with us most of the time and the boys (and I) LOVED it!
They just about had this book memorized by the end. :)
We went to the Thanksgiving Point Tulip Festival. So pretty! :)
I love my Grandma!
There was a waterfall garden and I couldn't help but catch this cute moment of Elaine talking to Jared about the waterfall.
Jared got creative in finding a resting spot. Did I mention sleep deprivation yet? :)
I made some quiet book pages for the airplane ride and they were a hit!
At Aunt Lori's we stopped to feed some ducks and enjoy our lunch...another cute moment!
The boys had fun finding dandelions.
One day Elaine and I took the boys up to campus so I could feel nostalgic. I could have stayed there forever and taken another 1000 picutres. The boys weren't so keen on that idea.
They loved the idea of picking out a souvenir, however.
Jared immediately threw a whole shelf of these little cougars off. Crazy kid...he really likes to dump things out.
We tried on hats and they each got to pick one that you'll probably see in other pictures. :)
In the Cougar Eat area, Jared picked out a huge "Y" shaped donut.
Back to Ellen and Gregg's, we walked up the trail to the playground. :)
More stories! Ellen has a great collection!
Back to Lori's (we really did jump around a lot), Ethan and Uncle Rich switched hats and so everyone wanted to be a part of the hat club.
Here are the wedding reception food preppers. :) I even put down my camera and cut a few (hundred) croissants. :)
At Grandma Debbie's the boys had fun playing puzzles and toys. (I don't have many pictures from this time yet since they stayed here while I did wedding stuff.)
After dropping the boys off in Bountiful, I came back to help with reception stuff and take more pictures. This is my aunt who did my hair for my wedding and has done lots of others as well! What would we do without her?
The cute couple!
Waiting outside the temple, I got a quick picture in front of the camera! :)
Sorry...out of order! More fun with Debbie and Danielle.
And, back to the zoo pictures!
Ethan loves maps. He always asks for one and rarely lets it go.
Watching Jeopardy with Grandma is a serious tradition. :)
1 comment:
fun! i took the kids back to byu a few years ago and it was so weird going back but we loved eating the ice cream from the creamery! and the hogle zoo is awesome! i love that they built animals out of legos.
Post a Comment