Friday, September 14, 2012

The Houston Zoo

We got to go to the zoo with Dean, Jennie, & Diana.  It was fun and not as hot as I had expected.  :)  We did pretty well.
There was a lot of beautiful foliage.
Poor Jared...he never fares well in group pictures.  :)
I could only take a second to snap the picture as Jared looked very ready to jump in.  :)
Who wouldn't want to ride this thing?  :)
Ethan wanted to check the map at every turn.  Ironically, because he was so busy navigating, he kept running into things.  :)
This elephant weighs 14000 pounds!
I love big cats!



This lizard was easily as big as me.

Holy horns, Batman!
Just hanging out.  Jared is always happy to be in the stroller as long as he has a snack.  As soon as he's done, he wants to be running.  The problem is that he doesn't like to stop and look at the animals. 
This guy was eating right by the glass...fascinating and kind of disgusting.  Also, proof I was there.  :)
I love the giraffes!
These goats were amazing.  Kids were whacking them with the brushes and they just kept eating.  Jared didn't really want to be near them and Ethan wanted nothing to do with them. 
Ethan loves these groundhog play spaces.  :)  Can you see his red hat?
Dean was a great stroller pusher.  I can attest that pushing one of those strollers with 3 kids is pretty difficult!  I was grateful he was willing to do it.  :)

1 comment:

Bexie Funk said...

i LOVE that zoo! and Devin does the same thing with our zoo map. I think he and Ethan would be great friends if we were still neighbors :)