The title might give you a little insight into the length of this post. :) I tried to make it shorter. I just can't because I just have too much love for this place and these people!
This is my grandparents' house in the cutest town of Bicknell, UT. I can't get enough of that tree!
We tried taking some pictures under it on Sunday morning. Being with my brother and sister and wonderful Grandma, Aunt & Uncle was just heavenly!
98 looks pretty good on her! :)
Seriously, these people are so great! I am so, so, so grateful for my years in Utah that helped me develop a strong bond with them.
So much nostalgia!
Sometimes I got the settings really wrong, but I couldn't stop taking pictures of this place.
Now for the phone pictures...sorry I didn't go through and put things in order.
The purpose for this trip was to help my brother move out to Utah. I am so grateful I got to be his driving companion! It was so fun to spend time with him and get to know him better.
We have a pretty big age gap and with that came different tastes in music sometimes and so as you can see below, we often listened to our own music or our own books, but also had lots of time to chat and sing together in the 22+ hours.
We made great time on our first day and so stopped for a nice dinner and had time for some workout/swim time at the hotel. I love traveling this way!
On the second day, I had to get a Snickers ice cream bar because I don't think I've ever done a road trip to Utah without one. I don't remember the first year that my dad got them for us at a gas station stop, but I do remember looking forward to the stop of each trip that included one of these.
We finally made it to see this wonderful woman (and there was a lot of sunshine coming in behind us and I didn't give her much notice of the picture).
Croquet is another tradition. I don't know how many games of croquet this set has seen, but it's been there as long as I can remember!
This cute lady still goes for a walk up the road each afternoon.
I didn't get to watch a whole show, but I am glad I caught a little bit of Jeopardy with her and I couldn't help but capture this view. I love that their home is still so much the same as when I grew up. I love the M&M jar on the mantel. I used to see how quietly I could get the lid off the jar and sneak a few M&Ms.
Ellen took me for a ride on the Rhino (ATV) around town. The sun setting made for some really beautiful shots even just with the phone.
This is the house they lived in before building and moving into their current home.
They spoiled us completely rotten and made two different kinds of homemade ice cream!
One of the things I love most about Bicknell is that it is just so peaceful. I brought a puzzle that we enjoyed in our down time.
On Monday evening, it was time to get back to Salt Lake in preparation for my early flight out on Tuesday morning. Elaine and I stopped in Provo for a scoop of ice cream and I once again didn't give much notice and she had cold ice cream in her mouth. ;)
It was a sunrise flight and the connection was way too close for comfort, but I made it home!
My boys were ready for some good cuddle time!













No comments:
Post a Comment