Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day! :)


We had fun with celebrations this year.  A while ago I let/made the boys do some painting to decorate the bulletin boards in the playroom.  I have to say that I love those boards!  :)

I'm glad that I have a reason to think of art projects because otherwise I probably wouldn't get them done.

For breakfast, I tried making red velvet heart-shaped pancakes.  Don't use a mix...they were not so great.  Cute, but not tasty.  
Jared was enthusiastic, but then wouldn't eat it.  Yes, he is wearing Christmas pajamas; yes, he does have a bruise on his eye from an altercation with his brother earlier in the week; and yes, he does have a Cheetos bag.  Just keeping it real.
Ethan was very unenthusiastic and looks terribly ill in the picture (remind me never to use the point-and-shoot camera again).  I was so busy yesterday that I didn't want to deal with trying to take great pictures.  I should have just gone for it.  Oh well!



Thursday we had a playgroup at our house and made a heart-shaped cookie cake.  :)  Ethan and Jared helped decorate.  Also, just a sidenote, if you're making a cookie cake, use dark brown sugar.  It made it way better!  I didn't like it in the cookies, but it was great in the cake. 



We had lobster tails, salad, heart-shaped garlic bread, and strawberries for dinner.  Jared was so full of love that he had to hug Alan instead of smile for a picture.  :)
We finished off the day with family fun and then tried to take a group picture.  Again, wrong camera, and no makeup for me, etc., but still a fun day!  :)

4 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

i'm with you dark brown sugar is the way to go! so good.

The Newts said...

Is the Valentine card supposed to say 2012 or 2013?

Sharon said...

Definitely 2013 :)

The Ballard Family said...

Thanks for keeping it real. So funny.