Saturday, August 18, 2012

Summer Summed Up

We've had a pretty good summer.  We haven't made any big trips or had any big adventures.  For the most part, we've gone swimming three or four days a week.  I can't even begin to describe how much I have missed having a pool to frequent the last few years.  I love being in the pool!  Yesterday I braved bringing a camera (the cheap little one, of course).  It was one of our last days.  School starts next week and the days at the pool are almost over.
Jared has to wear this lovely get up because he refuses to be touched sometimes.  This way he can float around all by himself.  :)
There's a great kids section where they love to play!
I tried taking a group picture.  Yikes!  :)  I know we all look a little silly, but I love having hats on to keep the sun off our faces.  I'm kind of paranoid about that now.
These splashing pictures crack me up!
Here Ethan was about to splash Jared and Jared was giggling and running away...what a fun game!  
Ethan likes to float around and pulls his hat down to cover his eyes.  
Jared is always trying to be like his brother.

I just have to mention that Jared likes to go down the slide and Ethan doesn't.  It's so typical of their personalities.  Jared likes to go down without me even.  He's my wild one.
I feel so spoiled having this pool in our neighborhood.  We had the pool completely to ourselves yesterday.  It was so lovely!

Check out the clouds!  
There's also a little splash pad section.  It's not their favorite but it's still fun.





2 comments:

Susan said...

You're so lucky, that's an awesome pool!

The Ballard Family said...

Love the neighborhood pool! Remind me that's on my must have list the next time we move!!!