Friday, April 1, 2011

Lately

I feel like I could rant and rave for a really long time. Some of my discussion topics would be weather (Spring, where are you?!), my need to lose weight (I think I've been in serious denial. I just saw myself in pictures and realized that it's worse than I thought.), sleep deprivation (which has dangerous consequences on my mood), and finding balance (I don't even know how to put a concise little thought here about this!). HOWEVER, I've already let myself go on longer than I should, 'cause let's face it, my ranting isn't what makes this blog interesting. Now, I do need to say that life is really pretty great and that I just got a WONDERFUL break, so I probably have very little reason to complain! Katie just came and we had a fabulous girls weekend. I forgot to put the pictures on my computer before she left, so I don't have any of them to post now. For now, I'll post some of the little guys that make life both the most wonderful and the most difficult. :)
Here's a typical morning for Ethan these days. Before he worries about food or getting dressed, he has to get his hat and backpack on. To show you how much he cares about his backpack, here's a little story for ya'. Last night I heard him crying. I went in and asked what was the matter. He said he couldn't find his backpack. Crazy kid! (He didn't want a picture taken again today!) :)Now, for Jared, he currently detests baby food, rolls around like crazy, pushes himself backwards instead of forwards when he's trying to "crawl," and like his brother, doesn't always like getting his photo taken. Oh well! He's just looking so big to me; whether he wants pictures or not, I'm taking them! :)

4 comments:

The Ballard Family said...

Your kids are dang cute! Take it easy on yourself. Lack of sleep can make you feel all of those things regardless. Hang in there! You are doing great!

I know how you feel about Spring too. 6 inches of snow here yesterday. Can't stand another cold, windy bike ride so we stayed in today. ALL day!

Cameron and Katie said...

Sharon, your list of things to rant about = my list - the spring weather + not loving Vegas. I keep thinking I should have balance by now! I think the key to being a happy mom is being ok with not being in balance, and constantly shifting the load you are carrying. I'm working on it...

Bexie Funk said...

rant and rave all you want that's why i love my blog i can rant and rave and then i feel better! and don't feel bad i felt the same way several months after having graham. it takes a LONG time to fully come back from having a baby!

Katie M. said...

Somehow I missed this post and am just now seeing it...my goal for this weekend is to mail you a CD of our pictures. :) And I've uploaded all of them to Facebook, so if there are any you want right away you can download them from there. And Jared already looks bigger than when I was there! He and Ethan are both so stinkin' cute.