Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Way behind, but funny!

So, a few weeks ago we had a ward talent show and I got to participate in a group number. This type of number is my favorite kind of talent show number...a little crazy, very funny. I can't get the video to upload due to it's length, but I'll just go ahead and give you an idea...5 ladies wearing aprons stuffed to the gills with props. The minute you try and pull one item out, other things fall down as well. Anyway, it definitely was comical. I did, however, want to share the lyrics with you just in case you're in need of a laugh or a talent show number! :)
To the tune of "My Favorite Things" (from The Sound of Music)

Chores that get done without too much complaining,
The day that we're finally done potty training,
Laundry that's folded and all put away,
Kids tucked in bed at the end of the day,

School buses, Husbands with bouquets of flowers,
Days that at noon I have already showered,
Pizza Delivery, our dinner they bring,
These are a few of my favorite things!

Windows that sparkle and floors that are shining,
A table that's set and is ready for dining,
Toilet paper that gets back on the roll;
I feel I have witnessed a small miracle!

When the kids fight, when my husband's late,
When I'm feeling sad. . .
I open the freezer, pull out the ice cream,
And then I don't feel so bad!

No comments: