Saturday, March 25, 2017

February Update

We started out February by celebrating the 100th day of school.  Grandma Joan helped Jared create his shirt.  :)  Jared came up with the design and she glued it down for him.  Pennies were entirely his idea...we warned him it might be heavy, but he wanted a "rich" shirt.  ;)


I got to help out at the school on the big day.  You can tell Jared was thrilled...he really was.  :)
Lots of sickness meant lots of time sitting at home which meant lots of puzzles!
I asked Jared to hang up his towel after he took a bath in my tub.  He hung it up.  :)
Ethan is getting really good at making his own quesadillas and looking pretty big these days.
Speaking of growing up, Jared decided he's ready for chapter books.
In Texas, February means it's time to start yard work again.  :)  There's nothing better than new gardening gloves!
I finally re-hung this puzzle...this time over my desk.  :)
Another day at the school...this time for lunch.
The boys planned a sleepover in the playroom and moved mattresses themselves.  I came up to find Jared's set up like this.  I helped him fix it so he didn't fall off in the middle of the night.
This was my puzzle homage for Valentine's day.  
(What is the deal with blogger flipping my pictures??!!)
I made a yummy cookie cake and didn't even get around to decorating it this year.  It was my best one ever, though, so we really didn't need anything else.  :)
I love how after we vacuum the floor, the boys think it's a perfect time to play with something that then covers the entire floor.  :)  (Actually, I love when they play with Legos or Duplos.  Our Duplo collection is rather large (thanks to my preschool days) and they still love to play with them.)
Jared wanted Valentine socks on our very rainy Valentine's Day.  He didn't have any and so asked if I did.  This is what we came up with.  :)
I tried to have a special meal for us...you can see a few of the hearts I decorated the house with (and on which I wrote things I love about them) and also the cream cheese I used to make heart-shaped cheesecakes.  :) 
Jared reading to Alan: :)
On one sick day, Jared got out the playdough kits.  Christmas playdough is always fun.
Jared was desperate to have a desk, but I wasn't ready to buy him one.  Instead, I created one out of a spare board and some crates we already had.  It is pretty great for now and he uses it almost daily!
I dusted off an oldie but a goodie.  :)  This one is at least 20 years old.  It still has all its pieces, though it does show its use in a bunch of the pieces being bent.
We got some fish...
 glo fish!  (I think it's funny that it looks like Jared has laser vision.)  Also, the fish aren't in this one yet.  :)  This was just when we were setting up the tank.
 What would we do without friends?!  
 We got a headboard for our bigger bed.  I love it!
 The boys liked the box better.  :)
 And, we ended the month by celebrating Mardi Gras.  I didn't get much in by way of celebrating, but we did eat gumbo and I made King Cake.  :)

No comments: