So, I'm pretty much the luckiest girl on the planet. :) I have been wanting to visit my Grandma for at least a year and finally the stars aligned. :) On Thursday, right after teaching preschool, I jumped into the car of a very, very kind friend and I was off to the airport. We left early because my flight was smack in the middle of horrible traffic hours, so I had plenty of time to enjoy a delicious meal at one of my favorite restaurants.
Their crab cakes are almost pure crab! Heavenly!
Then, feeling very full and very grateful for rolling suitcases, I walked a few miles in the airport. :)
(I'm sorry if there are way too many pictures, but I had only myself to entertain, so I took tons and mentally wrote the blog post as I went along.) :)
After walking, I decided to put my feet up and check email and Instagram, etc. while listening to my audiobook. Again...heaven. :)
Once in Utah, I got to see this adorable 97-year old!
After walking a bit with Grandma, I went on a little longer walk to appreciate the beauty of the mountains. It was a really cloudy day, but so beautiful!
I wish I had had more time because I missed out on seeing lots of people and family that I wanted to see.
On Sunday, we went to church and then Elaine and I walked around campus again a bit (where I did actually bring my big camera and those will have to be another post) and then we had a family get-together. Somehow I didn't take pictures. I was too busy playing with my cousins' adorable babies! :)
On Sunday evening, we'd eaten enough that another walk was absolutely necessary. It was beautiful! Phone pictures just don't do it justice, but I don't walk around with my big camera all the time.
Monday morning, we were able to fit in a trip to the Payson Temple Open House. All temples are beautiful and this one is no exception!
Then we were off to the airport! Bye Utah!















No comments:
Post a Comment