Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving in Oklahoma

It is always nice to make some good memories.  :)  We made lots and I took lots of pictures.  Good luck making it through!  :)
The kids were quick to get out to playing after hours in the car.


 There was lots of cousin love going on.
 Grandma and Grandpa got their fair share as well.  :)

 We couldn't leave Elaine out either.  :)
 Story time looked something like this...for a few minutes.  :)
 It was rather cold while we were there.
 We went to the Aquarium to get out of the freezing weather for a bit.

 They had a cute Christmas display.


 Uncle Alan splurged and let them feed the turtles.  :)

 I need to learn how to really photograph things like this because they are awesome.
 My own children refused to be in any more pictures.  :)
 I couldn't believe that they wanted to play on the alligator while it was so cold.
 We went to Braum's a couple times while we were there.  :)  So yummy!
 More and more and more playing.  :)

 Jared played a little too much and had to catch some extra sleep on the couch.
 We did turkey aprons for the kids.  :)
 Luckily Mom was there to keep the kitchen going.
 Just a little proof I was there.  :)
 We brought the parachute and had lots of fun with it.

 We did help in the kitchen a little bit.  :)

 Aunt Rachel bought a very fun tablecloth and Megan did most of the writing on our place cards.

 We recruited more helpers as Melanie and Ryan arrived.

 To pass some time while the turkey cooked we went to the park.


 This swing was so fun but was also very laid back.  :)







 Ethan waited not-so-patiently for hours for this pie.  :)
 Jared tried to fingerpaint with what was left on his plate.
 The men folk did a little shooting
 and the kids enjoyed playing on the mower.




 Alan was quick to respond to the invitation to get up to the table.  I failed to get a picture with everyone sitting down so this is the best we get.
 After dinner we went out and hung out around the fire.  The kids loved the glow wands that Aunt Rachel bought.




 They kept lying down...I'm not sure if they were star gazing or simply taking a rest.
 I always love it when mom breaks out her big coat.  :)



 Jared loves his Grandpa.

It was way fun!  It's hard to believe that it was only a few days!

No comments: