Monday, August 26, 2013

First Day of Kindergarten

It is crazy!  My child is in Kindergarten today.  He was great!  He happily smiled and waved us away.  I am very pleased.  He was compliant and took posed for some pictures.  I appreciate it...even if I get closed eyes and cheesy smiles.  :)


 This was his choice of poses!  :)
At school, he got right to work.  I took a quick shot and then decided not to be the paparazzi.  :)


As we walked out, Jared made a sad face and said, "I'm going to miss my brother."  By the time we walked out, he was happy as a clam and I think he will enjoy the extra one-on-one time.  He sure enjoyed the piggy-back ride on the way out.


I have had so many thoughts that trying to get them out is difficult because they all come spilling out together.  When I taught K, I always thought it was ridiculous for parents to make such a big deal about their kid going to school.  I decided that I would never be one of those parents.  Still, it is kind of a big deal.  I felt a tickle behind my eyes.  On our way out, we saw a big sister leading a little sister to her class.  Alan mentioned that that would be our boys in three years.  That almost got me!  I thought about how if Caleb were alive we would have done this three years ago.  That seems unbelievable.  Anyway, I loved school and hope he does too!

1 comment:

Cameron and Katie said...

I cry every first day of school. I'm not ashamed!! It's just a reminder that they are growing up, getting more independent. It's emotional. You are such a great mom.