What a roller coaster! Ethan started out okay and then after figuring out that he was going to have to go under water, got very anxious about his lessons. Day 3 was the absolute worst! It was terrible for all of us! After a long conversation, we figured out that Ethan was fine to go under on his own, but didn't like it when his teacher dunked him. We talked to his teacher and told her our "new plan"--that Ethan would go under on his own. She was just as happy with this plan as we were. Things got much better. Every day Ethan asked his teacher if she remembered our new plan. :) Ethan made great improvements. There's still a long way to go, but I was just glad that we were able to make it through with smiles. :) The past 2 weeks felt very long...partly because of Ethan's anxiety and partly because I had to sit in the heat with Jared constantly trying to escape and jump into the pool. (I was secretly tempted to let him so I could jump in as well.) :)
We're all glad to put swim lessons behind us. Ethan told me that he was ready for me to be his teacher. We'll see how that goes! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment