Ethan is loving preschool! He almost always asks to go back at some point in the afternoon. I'm loving the schedule and the time to exercise. Both of my boys are getting more and more independent. Whenever I leave my children unattended, I'm greeted by images like this:
(I know it's kind of a horrible picture...he didn't want me to take one...but I had to laugh when I saw the results of, "Mom, can I have a snack?") and this:
I have to say that as much as it's frustrating to see messes all over everywhere, I'm also trying to foster independence...a parenting category in which I could definitely improve. So, if having some time without Jared hanging onto my pant leg means that we have to deal with some messes, so be it.
Jared is truly coming into his own personality.
a few of Jared's new habits:
-snuggling stuffed animals
-playing with the phone (and babbling constantly into it)
-so very independent! He wants to cut his own fingernails, brush his own hair, put on his own socks, etc.
-wants to hold a utensil at the table just like the big people
-patting your back when he gives you a hug
-biting when he gets mad (not our favorite!)
-walking up to me and handing me something to open for him
-taking his pants off...today he took them off and then put them in the trash can
-hanging on to Ethan and trying to keep up while Ethan runs away...they both think it's hilarious
Also, we've started our Fall/Halloween festivities. We decorated our first pumpkins. :)
I'm excited for more Fall fun. I haven't taken many pictures lately, but I'm ready to make up for lost time as the holiday season begins! :)
2 comments:
So cute!!! Love your blog background :) Hope you're doing well girl!
i love it when kids play by themselves, even though it usually makes a huge mess. it keeps me sane to have a little alone time!
Post a Comment