Friday, July 1, 2011

Dutch Wonderland

I'm so overwhelmed at the amount of blogging I need to do! I'll start with as quick of a recall of our little vacation as I can handle.
Pennsylvania seems to be the state with all of the amusement parks around here, so on Wednesday morning, off we went! After 2 1/2 hours in the car (that went incredibly smoothly), we were ready to play.
lots of rides, lots of funThey had a sky ride. Here I am riding with Ethan. Here's a view of me from above when Alan was riding with Ethan. Can you find me? :)Jared got a nap and we found a lovely shaded place with rocking chairs to take a little break.water rides (my favorite)I didn't have my camera for most of the water fun, but I had to take a picture of this slide. It had water spraying at the top and Ethan always went down like this.The next day we went to an Amish farm.feeding goatsan amazing woodcarver's creations(He did little name plates for the boys for free.)He also had a pumpkin launcher that he let Ethan use as a swing. :)a one-room schoolhousechecking out the animalsthe playgroundComically, just near the Amish farm were outlet malls. :)
I couldn't resist just a little shopping. Most of what I got is for next summer, but I got one outfit for Jared for this year. These pictures not only show the outfit, but also show how Jared likes to spend his time these days. He's been loving the fridge magnets. One of these days I'll have to get a picture of him carrying them around. He puts the letter part in his mouth and crawls around. It cracks me up!After a little shopping, we went to Cracker Barrel for lunch. I miss those! So good. :) Great little family vacation! We need more of these!

1 comment:

The Ballard Family said...

Love the outfit! I need to get one of those letter things too. I could use some more vacations as well...hmmm... :)