Thursday, July 30, 2009

Another Ethan Update

Ethan is loving his Duplo blocks these days! I love to see his play get more and more complex. I thought of taking pictures this morning...maybe I should have waited till we attempted to smooth the hair. :) Here he is showing his enthusiasm..."Tum's up!"Also, the sunglasses that he couldn't stand last year are now a favorite! Thanks Grandma Debbie! (Pardon the spots from breakfast!)
In other news, last night, after brushing his teeth, Ethan ran into his bedroom and climbed into his toddler bed. I asked if he wanted to sleep there and he said he did. I had my doubts, but decided to give it a try. I tucked him in with all of his favorite things: pillows, stuffed animals, and his blanket and quilt. (Yes, I do know that it is summer and he shouldn't need both a blanket and quilt, but he doesn't know that and refuses to believe me.) He was awake for a little over an hour before falling asleep, but never ventured out of his bed...very, very different from last attempt! He slept very well all night long and didn't knock on his door until 6:55 am. I was so very excited for him. He also has slept for 3 hours now for his nap this afternoon in the very same bed. I can't believe it!

3 comments:

Cameron and Katie said...

congratulations on the big boy sleeper!

Katie M. said...

Nice on getting him to sleep in the toddler bed! I bet that's a relief to be done with that transition (or hopefully done soon...)

Jeremy said...

On the Duplos:

We went to the Lego Discovery Center in Chicago last week, and they had an area with hundreds of foam super-large bricks. We're talking foot-long, six-inch-wide functioning soft Legos.

We couldn't get any of the kids out of there... Not that I was in a hurry to leave either.