Wednesday, March 12, 2008

6 Things Everyone Should Accomplish Before 18

Well, some of these are simply an excuse to put on a funny picture, but I also really believe they contributed to who I am now.

1. Go to DisneyWorld--It doesn't have to be DisneyWorld, but a fun vacation to a theme park is a great way to build family memories before you leave the nest. This is a picture of the Splash Mountain ride. I don't know the front couple, but I sure think they're cute. Next comes my little brother, my dad, me, my aunt and her friend. Aren't the faces great!
2. Have a sleepover in the living room--My childhood wouldn't have been the same without these events. (By the way, I'm on the left and I'm about 18 months in this photo.)
3. Be in the newspaper--This should, of course, be for something good. Here I am with our "MathCounts" team (a nerdy reason, perhaps, but still good, I'd argue). :)
4. Go to a salon/feel pampered--My mom always cut my hair. This is the result of my first salon visit. So fun to be treated so special. I didn't know my hair could be this straight before this trip. :) (Don't you love this big ol' glasses of them days?)
5. Develop a love of reading--If at all possible, I think this is a must! There are so many great books to read and so many times that you have to read whether you want to or not, that it just makes life better. Here I am on our back porch swing. I loved sitting there!
6. Read the Book of Mormon through--Last, but most important, I believe that reading the whole book is important and should be done at least once before leaving home.
The original tag included 6 things. I am going to have to put in a bonus.
7. Alan thought that if at all possible you should Own an Exotic Pet (I would alternately title it Find the Man of Your Dreams)--This is Alan with his iguana "Spike". Who wouldn't dream of a boy like this? :)

I'll leave the tag open to anyone who's interested this time. I certainly would be interested in your ideas (and pictures)!

10 comments:

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

This was great! Really really great. I loved reading every word and looking at the pictures. What the heck is a tag?

Sharon said...

Kinda' the online equivalent of a chain letter. One person starts an idea and then "tags" a few people who are supposed to copy that message and do their own version and then tags others.

Afton said...

very fun, Sharon! I would have to add an essential from my growing up years - sleep out on the trampoline! Your boy is growing up so fast! Wow!

Lindy said...

This was very entertaining. Thanks for the glimpse into the life you lived before I met you!

mary said...

Oooh fun! I had to laugh that you didn't know hair could be straight... hahaha! What a great post!

The Ballard Family said...

I loved this post...only to find out it's a tag. How exciting! I'll consider myself tagged then. I love the glasses. I too have some "big ol' glasses" from back in the day. Would you believe I don't need them anymore? Good thing because I apparently had NO sense of style when it came to glasses. I should have known Alan was a lizard man... :)

Calley said...

Wasn't the discovery of hair straightening the BEST in history?! I think the invention of hair straighteners blew my mind, but that wasn't until college of course. I love this post! Way to branch out from the normal styles of the blog tag. You are hilarious! (You "now", as well as you "adolescent")

Susan said...

And if you're over 18 it's not too late...we just went to Disneyland for the first time ever. We had a blast!

Critchfield fam said...

I LOVE sleepovers in the living room. I can't wait til Jared's off to boys camp with the boys and Kailee, Allie, and I sleep over in the living room (after a nice jacuzzi togethr in our swimsuits of course!!)

Critchfield fam said...

Disney World is a must too!! And you need to bring those glasses back!