Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A Taste of Louisiana

Today, being not only a significant voting day, is Mardi Gras! For me, that means an excuse to make and eat some really yummy food. :) I made crawfish etouffe and my sister-in-law made a yummy King Cake! We wore our beads, ate, and played. Now I'm very full and very tired, but very happy. :)

6 comments:

Hafen girls story club said...

sounds like fun! I love celebrating random holidays!

Katie M. said...

Mmmm - sounds yummy! I think we're having king cake at Alisa's birthday this weekend - love that stuff!

Margaret said...

Yea for all events that are celebrated with friends and food!

Jen said...

I'm so glad you kept the Mardi Gras spirit alive in Utah!

mary said...

Hahaha, I LOVED the purple, green, and gold post!! I sure could use a bite of king cake right about now!

Lindy said...

I'm really glad you kept your Mardi Gras celebration pictures so tame. I don't even want to know how you got so many beads. ;)